Thread: Thoughts on this?

Thoughts on this?

Warthling: The Democrats' Lackawanna Go-To Guy
    Written by Glenn Gramigna, Editor
    CHAIRMAN WARTHLING TOOK OVER A TROUBLED LACKAWANNA DEMOCRATIC PARTY...HAS CREATED A POWERFUL ONE...HIGGINS, SCHROEDER, POLANSKI, KOZUB, THE LIST GOES ON AND ON

Already a highly successful businessman and community activist, Fran Warthling took over as chairman of the Lackawanna Democratic Party at a time when Steel City Dems were at a fairly low ebb. The city's Mayor Kuriak was a Democrat in name only who was crusading to make the post of Lackawanna chief executive a part time position so he could take a full time job in the Republican Giambra Administration. Meanwhile, the most Democratic city around was being represented in Congress by a Republican while no one really knew how the community's emerging Yemeni population would vote.

First elected chairman in 2003 in a 26-26 vote in which he only prevailed due to weighted voting, the CEO of Diamond Cutters and Curley's immediately went to work.

"We elected a good Democrat and a very competent and resourceful executive, Norm Polanski the Mayor of Lackawanna," he recalls. "And, the result is that the city has undergone an economic development revival, including the use of wind energy. We were able to give Democratic Congessman Brian Higgins 85% of the vote, which, since he only won by about 3,000 votes, could be considered his margin of victory. We also elected Danny Kozub our Erie County Legislator and Mark Schroeder to the post of NYS Assemblymember. On top of all that, just recently we elected our first Yemeni City Coluncilman in Lackawanna, Mr. Abdul Noman. It's a record of achievement of which I'm proud."

A member of both the Erie County Democratic Party Executive Committee and the County Water Authority, Warthling was known for many years as both an astute businessman and a dedicated community activist, long before he became a highly respected political figure.

"I started Diamond Cutters when I was a teenager with my brother and we've worked together to make it a highly successful buisness in which we make our own high quality diamonds and then sell them to the WNY community," Warthling points out. "I have also always taken an active interest in what's going on in the city as a member of the Rotary, the Chamber of Commerce, and the Lackawanna Planning Board, among other associations. Besides that, I'm very active in real estate in the city, buying homes, getting them fixed up, and then selling them to families as a way of helping to improve neighborhoods."

Successful entrepreneur, community activist, civic minded political leader, Fran Warthling is also a devoted family man, having been married to his wife, Judy, for over 20 years while raising two sons. This year among his primary preoccupations will be the re-election of NYS Senator Bill Stachowski, whom he credits for making funding available for the construction of a new community center in the Steel City.

"I do as much as I do because I love all of it and I hate being bored," he explains. "I love politics. I love business. And, most of all, I love serving the people of the City of Lackawanna."

Ummmm yeah, who's kuriak and Judy?? Lol. Bad reporting is all I have to say! Lol!! In fact LMAO!!!
    Last edited by cath829; February 9th, 2010 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    Ummmm yeah, who's kuriak and Judy?? Lol. Bad reporting is all I have to say! Lol!! In fact LMAO!!!
    How about "getting Noman elected"? Didn't he endorse someone else before Noman won the primary?

Thumbs down Who wrote this thing???

Apparently someone who knows nothing about Lackawanna!!Apparently Fran's ego is just to big and he has to take credit for nothing. He's been chairman since 2003 and the city hasn't had anybody from another party other than Ms. Haxton(elected as a republican /sunshine party but really a true democrat) in power for over 25years.So he actually cost the dems on that one! Ed Kuwik had Kozubs seat for 30years and Dan has had NO competition whatsoever and neither has Kuwik. I have never ever seen anybody but a democrat in Schroders seat. Stachowski has been in power for 30plus years since Fran was like 12 didn't know Fran was that good at such a young age. He almost lost last time around but the teachers union bailed him out and not Fran. Good luck beating Kennedy.I am sure Tim insulted every democrat in city hall with his new headquarters on Ridge and South Park. All this proves about Fran is nothing. What it means in this heavily democratic area you can get a dog elected in if you put it on the ballot.There hasn't been any competition for years thanks to do nothings in charge of other parties in this area.Lol stupid article and what an ego it's insulting!!

Where's the NEW community center??? Another hidden project?? or another typo probably means senior center grant.

Quote Originally Posted by LAsurvivor View Post
    How about "getting Noman elected"? Didn't he endorse someone else before Noman won the primary?
    I am sure all of Mr. Noman's helpers will like that remark or maybe he screwed the endorsed candidate over because Mr.Jerge supposedly was not his choice. Something to think about.

Thumbs up Records

For records, the discussed article is published on: http://www.newwnypolitics.net/index....to-guy&catid=1

I went to the above site and really found it funny to see at the top of the page:

"NewWNYPolitics
    Your Source for Accurate News and Inside Scoops"!

REALLY????? Again, who is Kuriak and Judy???

The name is Kuryak and Fran's wife is JOYCE!

Not too accurate!

Slap in the face to John Kuryak as Mayor for four years and this guy can't spell his name correctly!! Makes you wonder who exactly is giving out this "accurate" information.

If Fran was the source of this interview.....who the hell is JUDY?????

We really need to check the accuracy on anything this author/editor prints.

SHAM!!!!

Thumbs up show

Slap in the face to John? Funny. He's laughing and so do I. Cheap show!

I think everyone in Lackawanna is laughing except Joyce! I always thought norm was the peacock puffing out his chest.....looks like it is really Fran!

A lot of people that I talked to said this article was a SHAM just like the man. It seems like none of these guys in city hall are comfortable unless they attack people in any of their articles. Like Norm when interviewed about Tim Kennedy or the slaughterhouse saying opponents want a disneyland etc. They can never take the high road thats why people can't stand them.They can throw the punch but they can't take the punch back.

Why doesn't normmie just meet with the people in the First Ward to see what they want in their neighborhood? Ohh, he won't go to a meeting that he thinks will become combative. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!!! If you can't stand the heat norm, like I said before....get out! You are the CEO and should EXPECT people to come to you when they have questions about the city, especially their neighborhood. I can see you ducking out the side door in your office through the law department and down the stairs to avoid people. Coward!

That's the truth he'd rather put the council under fire for his slaughterhouse escapade.That says a lot about him right there.

Talking Facts!

Exactly!
    Cover-UP. And The Blame Game.

When God is with us--who can be against us?
    We must keep on praying for them Believers!

Post Let The Games Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    A lot of people that I talked to said this article was a SHAM just like the man. It seems like none of these guys in city hall are comfortable unless they attack people in any of their articles. Like Norm when interviewed about Tim Kennedy or the slaughterhouse saying opponents want a disneyland etc. They can never take the high road thats why people can't stand them.They can throw the punch but they can't take the punch back.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++
    Now that the Conservative Party "picked" their "picks", ooouuuu--this is going to be a very interesting year!
    Especially AFTER the Primary election---I can't wait to see who will jump into bed with ......

All games at the expense of the unsuspecting Citizen/Taxpayer.
    I never liked party poli-tricks because it ruins the advancement of a community and its people.
    The elected candidate by "whatever party" is then beholdin' and everyone is scrounging around for the JOBS instead of taking care of the community. The needs of the people who live in it sadly fall by the wayside. And I don't mean the one on South Park.

I was told many years ago by a former councilman and business owner in Lackawanna that, "you will NEVER get elected because you won't play ball". Ball one....

I respect all parties principles and we have a system in place for getting elected. I believe in being beholdin' of course to a point---BUT never to sell out your integrity, friends, or soul. I feel very sorry for the power mongers who obviously have small-man complex.
    They cripple Lackawanna's progress , and have sucked the money out through their pay-back flunky jobs for club members for years.

Peacocks for what---go ahead bring another high-up politician here, I am embarrassed for you. The dem chair brought Spitzer and his entourage years ago.
    Just so they can strut their stuff and throw their beer muscles around town.
    Whoopee! Oh yeah, I forgot--the Senior Center did get a new driveway,roof, and windows. Other communities get alot more money than we do---could it be that the boys are kissing the wrong ....., I mean mouths?

When the peasants uproar they just throw them a few bones and then they blow on by them in their fancy SUVs and convertibles.

Thread Information