Thread: Michelle Schoeneman Kicks off Campaign for Erie County Legislature

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Michelle Schoeneman Kicks off Campaign for Erie County Legislature

Michelle Schoeneman Kicks off Campaign for Erie County Legislature

(West Seneca, NY) Supporters of Michelle Schoeneman gathered today outside the
    West Seneca Town Hall to mark the kick-off of her campaign for the District 10 seat of the
    Erie County Legislature. A first-time candidate for public office, Schoeneman has earned
    endorsements from the Erie County Democratic Committee and the Working Families Party
    for her challenge to the Conservative incumbent, Joseph C. Lorigo. Until announcing her
    candidacy in May, she had best been known as the leader of Citizens Against Collins, a
    grassroots activist group opposing the legislative agenda of U.S. Rep. Chris Collins and
    responsible for the series of billboards critical of Collins that were seen around the region.

A reading teacher with 22 years’ experience, Schoeneman works with students and
    families across the socio-economic spectrum. She commented, “As an educator, I have a
    first-hand view of how the actions of our local office holders impact my students and their
    chances to achieve bright futures and the American dream. But for far too long I have seen
    those in office put party politics ahead of the interests of their constituents like my students
    and their families.”

Schoeneman’s candidacy reflects an emerging trend as headlines across the country
    report record numbers of progressive women running for elected office. And with thousands
    of followers on social media, she has built an impressive network of supporters expressing
    willingness to assist her campaign. “Michelle has a proven track record of engaging people
    around issues, finding common ground and inspiring cooperative effort to make change.
    Combined with her personal integrity and community focus, I think she has the most
    important qualifications for holding public office,” said Julie Leatherbarrow, a resident of Elma
    and a Schoeneman supporter.

“I’ve grown up in Western New York and understand both the struggles and the
    aspirations of my neighbors, because my family shares many of them,” declared
    Schoeneman. “Erie County residents deserve transparent and effective leadership from
    officials who embrace accountability and who really understand the interests of constituents.
    This year voters in District 10 will have a choice, because I’m stepping up to run and be that
    leader.”

The kick-off event was organized and co-sponsored by the Erie County Democratic
    Committee, Liberty Union Progressives, Schoolhouse Democrats, and Buffalo Resists.
    ######

Brendan F. O'Connor
    Campaign Coordinator
    Erie County Democratic Committee
    p: 716.853.2511
    a: 671 Seneca Street
    w: ecdems.com e: brendan@ecdems.com

Follow Michelle Johnston Schoeneman on FaceBook

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=625719392

As a reading teacher (keep plugging honey; you ain't getting the job done) who has seen the effects of local decisions she should be well aware of the efforts of white suburban Democratic teachers union members such as herself to ensure substandard education in the cities to ensure that minorities are kept on welfare and dependent on the Democratic Party.

Thread Information