Thread: West Seneca = HIGH TAXES

West Seneca = HIGH TAXES

West Seneca = HIGH TAXES
    I am a taxpayer and home owner in West Seneca and I feel for the high taxes we pay we are not getting a bang for our buck. I believe we have the or one of the highest tax rates in Erie county. So the Burchfield Nature & Art Center is so unsafe no one can enter the 16-year-old building. Why is a new addition being added to our town hall? The old Seneca Mall area still looks like a bomb disaster after how many years? . The High Schools sports fields are terrible when you compare them to other towns. Our roads are terrible. We have no Town Community Recreation Center with an actual gymnasium. Just to name a few

Please feel free to voice your opinion. I do love west Seneca and feel if we don't voice our opinions our politicians will continue to do very little for us.
    Thank you

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The same faces involved in politics will always do very little for us. Took me 10 years to realize this. It's not what they say it is what they do that matters.

Remember it's all about the "Friends and Family"..... Piles of dirt and stone are what our town is about... Oh, is it true that the convent by Knox ave. is going to be low income housing... ? Are not the town police and Winchester busy enough with the Harlem Rd. low income housing... hmmmmmm...Wait till the grass is a mile high along Union... LoL Then one more business will leave town....

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Here is another thought to why our taxes are expensive. Poor quality work from the start that needs more maintenance over time.

Have you ever just looked at sidewalks, roads and basic public property?

I took these a few months ago. Just random pictures. I'm pretty sure these were just on Union Road...

WSFirst
    Wnyresident, I think those roads and areas belong to the county but I'm probably wrong. Nonetheless they should be fixed.

The old Seneca mall area will only get worse, once Kmart goes, what will replace that giant store? 10 more brick and mortar chains will declare bankruptcy within 2017. I don't want to imagine what Tops would do if Kmart goes or imagine Southgate Plaza outlook in 5 years. Wait till the Galleria has to replace 5 or so chains closing stores and can't find a replacement that isn't a convenient store. Imagine the McKinley mall in 3 years! Maybe some churches will move in and pay no tax.

I always felt wny was the big holdout to everything, how does buffalo not have uber or Lyft?

Wait till the ice rink needs repairs, maybe the town could approach the HITS group?
    Last edited by WSFirst; June 3rd, 2017 at 12:32 AM.

Thread Information