Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Budget passes, Uhteg, Sage and Jackson win

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    yep, i'm well aware. maybe its just wishful thinking, but i am hoping they don't run.
    If they get voted out, then I think that would be a clear message, if the last 2 elections havent been already.

the message has been clear for 2 election cycles now though. the problem is that if they run, it will be the same doofuses spinning the latest outrage du jour. so, the scabs that heal over the next 9 months just get ripped off again and we'll be having the same thread 1 year from now. bowing out quietly is just way better for the district. it would be better to have 3 individual candidates for those 2 seats who were all running simply because they wanted to contribute, rather than these kind of tag team matches like the last three years.

another thing to consider is that even in 2015 depczynski won by less than 100 votes if memory serves, and that was the height of redskins fever. at the time, her vote tally represented the base level support for their cause. brown's vote tally represents it this year and it is literally around 1/2 of what depczynski received. i don't know how you can look at that reality and think your prospects are good. hell, as a school board trustee she just voted against her own budget, a budget that was supported by nearly 3/4 of voters.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    excellent question. by and large, i will rub salt in their wounds because there are many terrible people in this group who approach school board elections with bad intentions and they absolutely, 100% deserve the gloating. lol at "gracious". you have to be kidding me. you are talking about people who literally got right in the face of these same board members and shouted "2 DOWN, 5 TO GO!!! 2 DOWN, 5 TO GO!!!!". you are talking about people who stopped their redskins float in front of mike sage's house on the fourth of july to do the same. imagine being home with your kids when that happens. you are talking about people who politicize veterans and coordinate lying about the school budget to better their chances of getting the seats needed to get their retribution that they STILL have not given up on. you are talking about people who post pictures of board members houses online. give me a break about being gracious and not doing some next day gloating on a political forum. pffft.
    What are you talking about, careful I heard you want to run next year. This does not float well, oops Freudian slip...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    The people have spoken, and now is the time for healing and a return to civil discourse.

You are right Shortstuff, the extended hand of gracious friendship would go a long way toward fostering that healing.

Why thank you Mark. I agree.....

Quote Originally Posted by krivas214 View Post
    To your point, short stuff, the common wisdom is "when they go low, we go high." The unfortunate fact of the matter is the anti administration team dragged this campaign so low into the gutter that the challenge now is to begin to rebuild while we're just now getting back on solid ground. Imagine: fielding a candidate with questionable, or no ties to the community, candidates who gratuitously "show up" at events and activities then make posts to their FB and website implying they shed a single drop of sweat over making those things happen. Candidates who twisted the truth into some sort of convoluted pretzels that they served up to their vengeance-craving masses. The community spoke up with a singular voice and said, "That's it! We've had it with your self-destructive behavior and were not about to let you take us down the rabbit hole with you!" It was a hard wrought victory and they deserve to be pleased with themselves at the moment. I can assure you, if the vote had gone the other way, graciousness is not in the anti administration team's vocabulary.
    OK, somewhat...I have vocally spoken that I did not respect the two who ran opposing those who won. It is fair to say, we should always have choices at the ballot. In defense of those who have ran and succeeded and who are up next year, have opened the eyes behind the current status quo on topics of interests which has partially to do with the spending of taxpayer money. We need and hope that in our democracy, we can have a choice when we go to the polls. I am hoping they run next year, that said they need to clean up the original intent. Open dialog and debates are wonderful and I welcome that dialog. There are some questionable things going on, the two up next year, please keep a watchful eye and inform the public.

Go low go high, good grief the election is over. Go high and wish your team congrats--period.

just to be clear, i am not who you think i am shortstuff. only saying something because i wouldn't want a reader to think silence indicates that your fishing expedition is on the right track.

Quote Originally Posted by Neubs24 View Post
    If they get voted out, then I think that would be a clear message, if the last 2 elections havent been already.
    The worse possible outcome yesterday, no matter which side won, would have been a thin victory margin.

In that event, both sides would have been able to claim a mandate: the winning side to implement their policies, the loosing side to stubbornly resist. It would have left the community unsettled and divided.

Happily, yesterday's vote was unquestionably decisive. With that decisive win, came a unambiguous mandate and a clear direction.

The wisdom of the voters relegated the vanquished to a fringe group. Those returns should end ALL of this renegade behavior and divisive crap.

Hopefully, future elections will have two competing sides representing the best of our political system.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information