Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Last nights candidates forum

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    At 26:32, Dr Vallely did an awesome presentation and explanation of the budget and its reserves.

At 47:20, a resident asked a question that made absolutely no sense at all.
    He asked, "Dr, my understanding that you you said that even at the highest tax rate, you'd still have to cut programs?"

It was explained very clearly early on that we were below the tax cap while retaining all programs.

So what was the motive for that question?
    IMO - The question that came from the unidentified speaker was in a roundabout way to bring the focus back to the spending down off more reserves to prevent any cuts to staff, programs, equipment, etc. There have been no such budget cuts in years and there are none in this budget.

Despite being fully explained away by the district the reserve issue as to legal limit spending and the need for healthy rainy day funds the three anti administration amigos pursue this false narrative ploy because that’s all they have left to garner votes from the uninformed.

I was disappointed in that no one so far has asked any of the three amigos whether they would guarantee them that if they won would they would guarantee a tax cut next year; and if the tax cut did not take place, would they resign?

It doesn't matter what their signs may try to indicate or what these 2 pretend to be true.
    They are NOT endorsed by the Lancaster school district, LCTA, LASA, or the Lancaster Republican committee
    as they want you to believe.

Georgia L Schlager

Very good points Gorga!! Thank you.

Hey, gorja:

I have to ask what makes you so sure that the Studley – Nargis team is not being supported by the Republican Party by omission. We do know that at their committee meeting where a Party Chair was elected and where candidate endorsements for Town Council were announced, the committee agreed not to take a partisan side in the school district election for BOE members - after much internal turmoil on the matter. Since then no formal declaration has come forward to assure residents that the party is not active in supporting the aforementioned candidates.

Yet, flyers, mailers and Facebook postings by the Studley – Nargis team have given residents reason to believe they are getting Republican Party support (overtly and/or covertly).

Add to that that the two candidates are active in Republican Party activities, that their supporters writing on Speakup are also members of the party and lastly that the new Party Chair has been contacted several times and left messages to return calls to ascertain that the party is not endorsing or supporting the Studley – Nargis campaign financially or otherwise, and since they have received no returned calls, leaves one to speculate what the party’s true position is. This would be the first time in the 45 years that I have lived in this school district that political party politics would be played in a school district election.

Elections have consequences. If the Republican Party chooses not to formally put out a statement that they as an organized party are not politically involved in the school district election process by favoring any candidate, they very well could suffer consequences in the upcoming Town Council election.

Originally posted by Lee Chowaniec:
    Hey, gorja:

I have to ask what makes you so sure that the Studley – Nargis team is not being supported by the Republican Party by omission.
    Because it would seem that the Republican party would be committing political suicide to do so. I'm sure the Dem door would be open to welcome the former Republican followers

It would be so simple to just put a statement on their Facebook page stating that their party does not support any candidate for the Lancaster school board.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by Neubs24 View Post
    I would also ask what qualifications does Brown have to be a school board member other than residing in the district? Shes a driving instructor... thats not quite on the level of a UB professor, bank VP, Depew teacher or social worker...
    Not defending or promoting anyone with this post but sometimes people can have all the education and credentialing in the world and not have a lick of common sense. This was evident with the unidentified questioner (Capella) at the Budget Presentation

Georgia L Schlager

Hmmmm, it kind of makes you wonder what the Republicans in Lancaster were all fired up about, eh?

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Hmmmm, it kind of makes you wonder what the Republicans in Lancaster were all fired up about, eh?

I guess the county Republicans in Lancaster were all fired up about Stefan Mychajliw

Georgia L Schlager

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information