Thread: Sabres clean house!

Sabres clean house!

The Buffalo Sabres fired head coach Dan Bylsma and general manager Tim Murray.
    Just like I said both needed to go. So did Jack, Jack, put the presure on old money to get rid to both of these goofballs? Sorces say he told money bags if they stayed he wouldn't play. Like the bills money bags has no clue what is going on with both teams. One fan interviewed shook his head and said very dissapointed with both teams after being asked what he thought about the firing of murry and plasma.

While the firing of Bylsma was a probability after his failure to connect with players was denounced by Murray last week, the total housecleaning was a surprise. Both had three years remaining on their contracts. like rex.. thankyou money bags.

Just like Murray's talks, exit of Sabres' GM, coach came quickly.
    Murray never wasted time in Buffalo, and that continued after owner Terry Pegula fired him and coach Dan Bylsma. Asked if he wanted to talk or if there was anything he’d like to say, Murray simply texted back his one-word answer. Thanks.

this is what happens when u have a owner that has no idea what is going on in the sports world. But he keeps guys like russ brandon around and idiot of a GM of the bills.
    Lindy Ruff. Darcy Regier. Ron Rolston. Pat LaFontaine. Ted Nolan. Ted Black. Tim Murray. Dan Bylsma. The Pegulas have gotten used to firing people, and that’s just with the Sabres for the dual-franchise owners. It also means they’ve gotten used to hiring and firing people.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Bet he brings Lindy back. I'm actually surprised he let Murray go. I hope he has someone else in mind already
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Hip, do you think he brings Lindy back? I wonder if he still wants to coach? Listening to all the usual suspects calling Dope and the Bullsh*tter I thought Bylsma was Ted Nolan-esque in his record at Pitts. Turns out he was about 135 games over .500. But he can't coach. I'd looked to see the coach from Denver (the college) get a shot. He's been a winner just about everywhere he's been.

The problem that I see with Pegula is he does not yet understand that you need to have your GM and Coach on the same page. At least with the Sabres he terminated both positions. He should have done the same with Whaley when he fired Rex. In addition to Whaley, I still think Russ Brandon needs to go. I like what I am hearing about McDermott and he appears to have pushed aside Whaley but the one constant in all of this is Brandon.

Pegula needs to get a President who understands each sport over each team. Under each President he needs to get a GM that's on the same page as a HC. This structure is how every single successful team is built. Champions are not won by marketing folks.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Hip, do you think he brings Lindy back? I wonder if he still wants to coach? Listening to all the usual suspects calling Dope and the Bullsh*tter I thought Bylsma was Ted Nolan-esque in his record at Pitts. Turns out he was about 135 games over .500. But he can't coach. I'd looked to see the coach from Denver (the college) get a shot. He's been a winner just about everywhere he's been.
    There's some good names out there. I was being a little facetious about Lindy, because a few coaches have gone back to old teams this year, but Pegula apparently likes Lindy a lot and he loves to live in the past so it's possible
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

New GM and the Coach

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    The problem that I see with Pegula is he does not yet understand that you need to have your GM and Coach on the same page. At least with the Sabres he terminated both positions. He should have done the same with Whaley when he fired Rex. In addition to Whaley, I still think Russ Brandon needs to go. I like what I am hearing about McDermott and he appears to have pushed aside Whaley but the one constant in all of this is Brandon.

Pegula needs to get a President who understands each sport over each team. Under each President he needs to get a GM that's on the same page as a HC. This structure is how every single successful team is built. Champions are not won by marketing folks.
    I also think Brandon (Sabres and Bills) must go. Have the Sabres hire a new GM first and the hire a coach that is on the same page as the GM.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna View Post
    I also think Brandon (Sabres and Bills) must go. Have the Sabres hire a new GM first and the hire a coach that is on the same page as the GM.

It's stunning just how many people don't think Brandon has anything at all to do with the issues either franchise faces. There were some hockey insiders tweeting that the league is encouraging Pegula to hire a 'hockey mind' to run things. Which almost makes too much sense.

The one ray of hope that I have right now for the Sabres is the fact that the roster is loaded with young talent. While GMTM didn't make all of the right moves he is absolutely leaving the roster in a much better position than he found it. I hope a GM sees this and realizes it's not as long of a road. Added to this, I hope that they find a coach who has a plan and system to work with what they have on the roster rather than bringing in a system that does not fit. Which I feel was the case with Disco Dan.

Thread Information