Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upcoming Cheektowaga Town Board election...

I am sure my neighbor Dennis will run again his house is filled with Dems each week for a Dem he's Ok but drinks too much.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Lancastermom View Post
    Republican candidates are Roger Hejamonowski, Doreen Freidrich and Patrick Delaney
    So the Republicans aren't interested in winning again I see, sometimes they just seem to be in collusion with the Democratic Party

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    In all honestly how many hours are needed to be a council person? I don't mean "The position takes as much time as you are willing to devote to the seat" I mean in general. There are board meetings, work session meetings and the time needed to meet with property owners over their concerns.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm using someone's comment to me.....

What I do know is that the republican strategy is truly flawed.

If they were serious about getting a republican on the board, they would back 1 good candidate.

When election time comes, the vote for up to any three on the ballot just dilutes the vote.

Get behind one good person, get the message out, let the idiots on the other side fight for their share of the votes
    Isn't this basically true? Come election time the votes are up for grabs? Don't dilute the vote.

It's not about getting a "republican" on the board. It's about getting a qualified person on the board that will basically put the property/business owners best interest first.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancastermom View Post
    Republican candidates are Roger Hejamonowski, Doreen Freidrich and Patrick Delaney

Is is it too late to get 2 of the three to drop off and not be on the ballot?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    It was just confirmed that the three reps are running against 3 dems.

You would think by now who ever runs the local republican party would understand to run 1 person so the votes don't get diluted. Just use the truth when it comes to how the Cheektowaga Democratic Party has run our town.

This was sent to me:

I asked someone how do you think the group has ran our town.

i think the dem party has steered the town like a drunk driver steering a car into a ditch. i believe that the town is over staffed and current employees in most jobs are certainly not overworked. Too much union control say in who does what, not unions fault though, this is what has been given to them by the town over many years.

So the vote results will be

1 Rogowski (family dynasty)
    2. Meyers ( family dynasty )
    3. Alice ( incumbent, experience)
    4,5,6 rep losers

The only chance they have of winning is to put up a strong candidate who could knock Alice out

However, once again, the majority of voters must be satisfied with services and taxes or the outcome would be different

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I totally agree.

The bs has to stop. People are continuing to leave our town and will never see meaningful change having the same names elected year after year.

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Hammer, Meyers and Rogowski's terms end this year.

Meyers had a fundraiser on April 6th. He must be running
    G, was it at the new tim hortons on dick rd?

alice is in for a 4 yr. term. the old fart just cant give it up. then the people vote her in
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Listen, Delaney in a Presidential year came within around 2,000 votes of taking Alice out. I'm sure a strong candidate from the Republican side could sneak in this year, but with the local Conservatives turning their backs on the GOP, I don't see it happening. It's sick when I hear that local Conservative chairman Joe Gallo endorsed Rogowski and Magierski after stating last year that he would never, ever do that. At least that's according to my sources.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information