Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Truth Has No Agenda

The Truth Has No Agenda

We have been hearing that there are a lot of rumors going around about Nargis and I. For the record, we are not here to run a smear campaign. We are confident that our qualifications and background are valuable enough to illustrate that we are viable candidates for the school board. If at anytime, anyone has any questions or wants clarification on the rumors, please feel free to ask us on our Facebook page www.Facebook.com/lancasterkidsfirst or at our weekly "Meet Nargis and Melissa" hour. We believe in transparent and open communication and are happy to answer all questions and comments.

Q. Are Nargis or Melissa going to bring back the Redskins name as part of their platform?
    A. No. Both of us appreciate the deeply held sentiment that encompasses this topic. While we may take issue with the decision and/or the process on how the decision was made, both of us feel this issue has distracted the Lancaster Central School District Board of Education long enough from carrying out its primary responsibility. As outlined in the School Board Policy the primary responsibility of the school board is to ensure QUALITY EDUCATION for the Lancaster students so that they may be successful in an increasingly competitive global job market.

Q. Are Nargis or Melissa anti-administration or pro-administration?
    A. Neither – We are professionals and will work with our administrators. However, they actually work for us. We in turn work for the student body and constituents of the Lancaster community.

Q. Are Nargis or Melissa interested in terminating our Superintendent, Dr. Vallely in the future or is it one of their goals?
    A. We don’t know Dr. Vallely personally. If voted in, we look forward to working with Dr. Vallely, all of the administrators, all of the teachers, the entire student body and all the constituents.

Q. Did Nargis affect the Lancaster athletes’ scholarships to UB, due to her affiliation with UB?
    A. I would like to thank you for thinking that I have that much influence at the University. The University is a large institution; and I work in the healthcare industry and have no affiliation with the athletics department. That being said, that decision comes right from Albany and I am deeply sorry that the students in Lancaster have been affected by this. - Nargis

Q. Is Nargis Muslim or does she want to bring Sharia Law to our schools?
    A. Given the context of national discourse and current events I can appreciate concerns surrounding this issue. While I believe in God; I do not self-identify as being Muslim nor do I subscribe to Islam. - Nargis

Q. Do Nargis or Melissa have children?
    A. No, not yet. It is not a requirement to run for the Lancaster Central School District Board of Education. This point is irrelevant.

Q. Are Nargis or Melissa married?
    A. Yes. It is not a requirement to run for the Lancaster Central School District Board of Education. This point is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Studley View Post
    We have been hearing that there are a lot of rumors going around about Nargis and I. For the record, we are not here to run a smear campaign. We are confident that our qualifications and background are valuable enough to illustrate that we are viable candidates for the school board. If at anytime, anyone has any questions or wants clarification on the rumors, please feel free to ask us on our Facebook page www.Facebook.com/lancasterkidsfirst or at our weekly "Meet Nargis and Melissa" hour. We believe in transparent and open communication and are happy to answer all questions and comments.

Q. Are Nargis or Melissa going to bring back the Redskins name as part of their platform?
    A. No. Both of us appreciate the deeply held sentiment that encompasses this topic. While we may take issue with the decision and/or the process on how the decision was made, both of us feel this issue has distracted the Lancaster Central School District Board of Education long enough from carrying out its primary responsibility. As outlined in the School Board Policy the primary responsibility of the school board is to ensure QUALITY EDUCATION for the Lancaster students so that they may be successful in an increasingly competitive global job market.

Q. Are Nargis or Melissa anti-administration or pro-administration?
    A. Neither – We are professionals and will work with our administrators. However, they actually work for us. We in turn work for the student body and constituents of the Lancaster community.

Q. Are Nargis or Melissa interested in terminating our Superintendent, Dr. Vallely in the future or is it one of their goals?
    A. We don’t know Dr. Vallely personally. If voted in, we look forward to working with Dr. Vallely, all of the administrators, all of the teachers, the entire student body and all the constituents.

Q. Did Nargis affect the Lancaster athletes’ scholarships to UB, due to her affiliation with UB?
    A. I would like to thank you for thinking that I have that much influence at the University. The University is a large institution; and I work in the healthcare industry and have no affiliation with the athletics department. That being said, that decision comes right from Albany and I am deeply sorry that the students in Lancaster have been affected by this. - Nargis

A. Given the context of national discourse and current events I can appreciate concerns surrounding this issue. While I believe in God; I do not self-identify as being Muslim nor do I subscribe to Islam. - Nargis

Q. Do Nargis or Melissa have children?
    A. No, not yet. It is not a requirement to run for the Lancaster Central School District Board of Education. This point is irrelevant.

A. Yes. It is not a requirement to run for the Lancaster Central School District Board of Education. This point is irrelevant.
    Thank you for the post. I do not have a Facebook account so the information is appreciated; nor have I ever attended any past candidate’s fundraisers or personal held meetings.

Lancastermom posted: “Marital status and if people have or do not have children is their personal business. We don't know everyone's personal lives.” I do not believe that to be correct as candidates are running for public office and the public has the right to know their marital status, their reason for running, their honesty and credibility, their moral compass and their commitment to serve in the best interest of the children; not to satisfy personal agendas.

And I do appreciate your using Speakup to get your message out. Greg is doing you more harm than good as he has posted on the website incorrect data and given every indication that your agenda is to do opposite of what you posted.

Other posters see you as being disingenuous, look at your support group as being all the things you say you are not, and use the guilt by association reason for their suspicion and lack of support.

Thank you Melissa Studley for posting on speakup.

You posted this -

Now, we know you are married because you alluded to whether to use your Hispanic maiden name to get Hispanic votes o not.

Since the question had the 'or' in it, did the response mean both of you are married or just you?

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Thank you Melissa Studley for posting on speakup.

You posted this -

Now, we know you are married because you alluded to whether to use your Hispanic maiden name to get Hispanic votes o not.

Since the question had the 'or' in it, did the response mean both of you are married or just you?
    Is this seriously a real concern?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Thank you for the post. I do not have a Facebook account so the information is appreciated; nor have I ever attended any past candidate’s fundraisers or personal held meetings.

Lancastermom posted: “Marital status and if people have or do not have children is their personal business. We don't know everyone's personal lives.” I do not believe that to be correct as candidates are running for public office and the public has the right to know their marital status, their reason for running, their honesty and credibility, their moral compass and their commitment to serve in the best interest of the children; not to satisfy personal agendas.

And I do appreciate your using Speakup to get your message out. Greg is doing you more harm than good as he has posted on the website incorrect data and given every indication that your agenda is to do opposite of what you posted.

Other posters see you as being disingenuous, look at your support group as being all the things you say you are not, and use the guilt by association reason for their suspicion and lack of support.
    Again someone's marital status means squat. More important is what they're doing while married and being on the school board. Single, childless, can't have kids, adopted kids, kids graduated...still personal and doesn't take away from one's credentials. You could have a barren woman who has been married 30 years who has incredible experience in budgeting, finance , have a great rapport with children who is adored by nieces and nephews who would still make a good candidate. This is all hypothetical. Just stating, it doesn't amount to a hill of beans to me. What does is the resume.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post

Thank you!

I am a little surprised about some of these topics that you believe have been asked in conjunction with your candidacies.

Did someone actually ask you about your influence on athletic scholarships at UB?

I find that hard to believe.

And I doubt that anyone asked you about Sharia Law?

Seriously?

This appears as contrived as some of your other FAQs

So much for transparency

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    To some people a school board candidate's marital and family status is important in their decision making process as to who is best qualified to serve the best interests of their children; and the community as a whole.

The point is not whether it has any impact on an individual’s right to run for a school board position, but why such a big deal is being made that the matter is private and that it’s nobody’s business. This is an election for a public office and such questions are the norm.

A question was asked and the answer given was not clear to an individual. The Studley-Nargis team posted earlier on their transparency vow. So why the big deal and the rebuke cast at an individual for asking a simple question and the claim that it’s none of their business. An unambiguous answer should be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancastermom View Post
    Again someone's marital status means squat. More important is what they're doing while married and being on the school board. Single, childless, can't have kids, adopted kids, kids graduated...still personal and doesn't take away from one's credentials. You could have a barren woman who has been married 30 years who has incredible experience in budgeting, finance , have a great rapport with children who is adored by nieces and nephews who would still make a good candidate. This is all hypothetical. Just stating, it doesn't amount to a hill of beans to me. What does is the resume.
    First of all, one of the candidates posted the vague marital question to begin with. Was just asking for clarification.
    Marital status is usually part of a candidate's bio. Married, single, transsexual, it doesn't really matter, it's honesty that matters

Georgia L Schlager

Melissa & Nargis,

Thank you for posting on Speakup.

Some thoughts, nothing is irrelevant when running as a candidate for the BOE or for a town board seat. It is relevant for residents to ask whether you both have children or not. You are running for a seat on the Board of Education. Insight is valuable when collaboration involves children's needs related to academics, social situations and family interests.

I am concerned about the Q & A with regards to Sharia Law, I really have not heard anyone address that issue and find it interestingly strange that it is brought up as one of the Q & A you posted on Speakup. I guess my interest in this issue would only be in terms of Nargis addressing social and cultural issues as they exist in a school setting, here you fell short because you give no platform as to where you stand on this issue.

Your position(s) on the Redskins issues is contradictory considering we all have seen the previous Facebook posts, although we can agree that the process was flawed, it is with concern that the information being disseminated is contradictory. When campaigning for a position on the school board we are concerned about the message. It is truly important that the message be about unity, continuity with a fair and balanced platform that benefits the students as a whole.

I would like to hear both of your position(s) on Common Core Initiative and opting out - that has plagued the very core of our students well being. I am totally against this initiative because I have seen it first hand in how it affects the children and the families - we should not have educators teach to the test without having the wealth of learning through interactive and cooperative based learning that is hands on.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Melissa & Nargis,

Thank you for posting on Speakup.

Some thoughts, nothing is irrelevant when running as a candidate for the BOE or for a town board seat. It is relevant for residents to ask whether you both have children or not. You are running for a seat on the Board of Education. Insight is valuable when collaboration involves children's needs related to academics, social situations and family interests.

I am concerned about the Q & A with regards to Sharia Law, I really have not heard anyone address that issue and find it interestingly strange that it is brought up as one of the Q & A you posted on Speakup. I guess my interest in this issue would only be in terms of Nargis addressing social and cultural issues as they exist in a school setting, here you fell short because you give no platform as to where you stand on this issue.

Your position(s) on the Redskins issues is contradictory considering we all have seen the previous Facebook posts, although we can agree that the process was flawed, it is with concern that the information being disseminated is contradictory. When campaigning for a position on the school board we are concerned about the message. It is truly important that the message be about unity, continuity with a fair and balanced platform that benefits the students as a whole.

I would like to hear both of your position(s) on Common Core Initiative and opting out - that has plagued the very core of our students well being. I am totally against this initiative because I have seen it first hand in how it affects the children and the families - we should not have educators teach to the test without having the wealth of learning through interactive and cooperative based learning that is hands on.
    Spot on!

I as well have interest as to why Nargis’ Muslim faith was brought up in the post, as well as the absurd claim of not bringing Sharia Law into the Lancaster Central School District (LCSD).

The reference to "Muslim" and "Sharia Law" is bizarre as there has been no Speakup posts in connection with the declaration. Why should one not suspect that it was a response to a contrived issue in order to attract sympathy and/or left wing support?

Not to beat a dead horse, but many of their supporters are the very same individuals that were intolerant to the requests of another minority group, an indigenous one at that, and they were disruptive and uncivil in making their opposition to the Redskin name change known.

Hopefully, the candidates on both sides (yes, both sides) stick to school related issues and we don’t see the ugly side of ‘identity’ politics.

If you want answers go to their meeting night this Thursday and ask them in person. I too was not sure what to think of them as one is an alumni (I thought automatic Redskin) and wanted to meet them last Wednesday, but was unable to attend. I messaged their Facebook page and asked if there was another way to meet. They accommodated my schedule and met with me to explain their platform and what they are running for. I didn't let them off easy. I asked some difficult questions regarding the Redskins name, firing of Dr. Vallely, and Common Core testing.

Most of the people speaking on here do not know these candidates and are posting inflammatory and insensitive comments. Just because YOU haven't heard the questions above asked doesn't mean they have not been asked. It's unfortunate that so many people on here are quick to judge someone because of the gossip they have heard, their race, or who you assume they are friends with. I urge you to get out there and meet them. I believe they are genuine, but that is because I went into the conversation with an open mind and was not judging them the whole time.

Maybe, someone will record the meeting and play it here

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Maybe, someone will record the meeting and play it here
    Why wouldn't you go and meet them in person? Why would you need it recorded? People edit videos.

From reading your past posts - I see you are Trump supporter. I find it really sad that you are judging her on her past. Trumps opposition used many of the same tactics you are using against Nargis and Melissa. The only thing you have left to do is call them a "basket of deplorables".

It is really difficult in reading these posts to get an unbiased view of these candidates. All I continually read is negative comments regarding two people that you have never met. They took the time to meet with me. I am sure they would do the same for you if you just gave them the chance.

I didn't need it recorded. I thought having it recorded for those who have not made up their mind and are unable to participate on Thursday, would make it possible for them to hear the REAL questions being asked.

It's very hard to believe that questions like these were asked by any sane Lancaster taxpayer.

This may have been asked by a plant of their own to stimulate some liberal taxpayer interest.

Georgia L Schlager

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information