Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Truth Has No Agenda

So if they are so genuine and transparent, why have they gone silent.

Melissa and Nargis opened the line of communication, and apparently have run out of "canned responses".

If their positions were ingrained in their philosophy, responses to some of our inquiries would have been more spontaneous and forthright.

If you want to utilize Speak Up as a medium to communicate your platform honestly, don't just pull the pin and run.

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I didn't need it recorded. I thought having it recorded for those who have not made up their mind and are unable to participate on Thursday, would make it possible for them to hear the REAL questions being asked.

It's very hard to believe that questions like these were asked by any sane Lancaster taxpayer.

Q. Did Nargis affect the Lancaster athletes’ scholarships to UB, due to her affiliation with UB?

Q. Is Nargis Muslim or does she want to bring Sharia Law to our schools?
    This may have been asked by a plant of their own to stimulate some liberal taxpayer interest.

That is food for thought gorja. I am utterly amazed that anyone would even consider asking about her ethnic/religious position since Lancaster is a very liberal minded town. So one would have to ascertain the motivation comes from a different place....

I'm not familiar with the UB connection....

Quote Originally Posted by Lancastermom View Post
    Again someone's marital status means squat. More important is what they're doing while married and being on the school board. Single, childless, can't have kids, adopted kids, kids graduated...still personal and doesn't take away from one's credentials. You could have a barren woman who has been married 30 years who has incredible experience in budgeting, finance , have a great rapport with children who is adored by nieces and nephews who would still make a good candidate. This is all hypothetical. Just stating, it doesn't amount to a hill of beans to me. What does is the resume.
    I'm not in the district so this doesn't impact me at all, but I like this post
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Thank you Melissa Studley for posting on speakup.

You posted this -

Q. Are Nargis or Melissa married?
    A. Yes. It is not a requirement to run for the Lancaster Central School District Board of Education. This point is irrelevant.

Now, we know you are married because you alluded to whether to use your Hispanic maiden name to get Hispanic votes o not.

Since the question had the 'or' in it, did the response mean both of you are married or just you?
    I am a bit confused when did Melissa state that she is using her Hispanic name to get Hispanic votes ?

What other FAQ's are you referring to ? Can you post a link to them ? How are said FAQ's "contrived" ?

I didn't need it recorded. I thought having it recorded for those who have not made up their mind and are unable to participate on Thursday, would make it possible for them to hear the REAL questions being asked.

It's very hard to believe that questions like these were asked by any sane Lancaster taxpayer.

Q. Did Nargis affect the Lancaster athletes’ scholarships to UB, due to her affiliation with UB?

Q. Is Nargis Muslim or does she want to bring Sharia Law to our schools?
    This may have been asked by a plant of their own to stimulate some liberal taxpayer interest.
    What evidence is there that said question did not occur or that it was due to a "plant" ? Indeed what evidence is there to illustrate the candidates are seeking to use said question to spurn "liberal interests" ?

Quote Originally Posted by lord Geof View Post

Melissa and Nargis opened the line of communication, and apparently have run out of "canned responses".

If their positions were ingrained in their philosophy, responses to some of our inquiries would have been more spontaneous and forthright.

If you want to utilize Speak Up as a medium to communicate your platform honestly, don't just pull the pin and run.

Maybe they just do not want to get dragged into a toxic enviroment ? From the personalities I have seen on this thread the same six people post consistently. I mean the nature of the post by six people seem to be full of assumption and conjecture. If you want to see what these candidates are about why not go introduce yourself and ask them ? I am pretty sure they are approachable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinatus View Post
    What evidence is there that said question did not occur or that it was due to a "plant" ? Indeed what evidence is there to illustrate the candidates are seeking to use said question to spurn "liberal interests" ?
    No one said that it definitely was the case. Words like 'hard to believe' and 'may' are not absolute words

Georgia L Schlager

No one said that it definitely was the case. Words like 'hard to believe' and 'may' are not absolute words

So you admit to making a completely baseless claim without any evidence or information ? Do you not find it the least bit irresponsible to insinuate baseless claims about two people you do not know ? Moreover attempt to rationalize such baseless statements via leveraging what is often referred to as "weasel wording" with the hopes of deflecting any criticism levied towards such reckless behavior ? Just saying you might want to step back and take a deep breath. Why not go meet the candidates and see what they are about ? Why not have a sit down with them (I seem to remember there a meetup event coming soon) and voice your concerns directly? I dare say they will probably be far more forthcoming then the school board is with the citizens of Lancaster during school board meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinatus View Post
    Maybe they just do not want to get dragged into a toxic enviroment ? From the personalities I have seen on this thread the same six people post consistently. I mean the nature of the post by six people seem to be full of assumption and conjecture. If you want to see what these candidates are about why not go introduce yourself and ask them ? I am pretty sure they are approachable.
    ======================

So, how is this site toxic?

Is a free exchange of opinions toxic?

If you open a line of communication, you should accept the consequence.

If they open the door, presumably understanding next steps, why are you, and Melissa and Nargis so appalled by some of the response?

The responses are not without basis or history, so your pushback is unfounded.

The information on some of the topics is incontrovertible

The candidates, if they have defensible positions should step forward with that information.

Otherwise, as stated by this poster previously, they pulled the pin and deserted the site.

That is not transparency and honesty

How is Ohio State?

======================

So, how is this site toxic?

Is a free exchange of opinions toxic?

If you open a line of communication, you should accept the consequence.

If they open the door, presumably understanding next steps, why are you, and Melissa and Nargis so appalled by some of the response?

The responses are not without basis or history, so your pushback is unfounded.

The information on some of the topics is incontrovertible

The candidates, if they have defensible positions should step forward with that information.

Otherwise, as stated by this poster previously, they pulled the pin and deserted the site.

That is not transparency and honesty

How is Ohio State?

At the end of the day opinions are not facts.

Per the statement that Melissa Studley made at the beginning of this thread nowhere did she state that they would be on speakup answering questions. Here is what she stated:

If at anytime, anyone has any questions or wants clarification on the rumors, please feel free to ask us on our Facebook page www.Facebook.com/lancasterkidsfirst or at our weekly "Meet Nargis and Melissa" hour. We believe in transparent and open communication and are happy to answer all questions and comments.

Ohio State? What does anyone in Ohio have to do with the Lancaster School Board - what state do you live in?

What are you trying to say?

".. Moreover attempt to rationalize such baseless statements via leveraging what is often referred to as 'weasel wording' with the hopes of deflecting any criticism levied toward such reckless behavior?..."

WTH are you trying to say??

And don't criticize people who are seeking honest feedback on critical issues, when they do not have the schedule availability to arrange a "sit down".

Be forthright and transparent on this forum, versus having your lackeys try to cover your tracks.

Melissa and Jarvis opened the door, so if they really intended to let the public in, they should be at the door and welcoming discourse. Where did you disappear to Melissa and Nargis? No canned and composed answers remaining to communicate?

What are you trying to say?

".. Moreover attempt to rationalize such baseless statements via leveraging what is often referred to as 'weasel wording' with the hopes of deflecting any criticism levied toward such reckless behavior?..."

WTH are you trying to say??

And don't criticize people who are seeking honest feedback on critical issues, when they do not have the schedule availability to arrange a "sit down".

Be forthright and transparent on this forum, versus having your lackeys try to cover your tracks.

Melissa and Jarvis opened the door, so if they really intended to let the public in, they should be at the door and welcoming discourse. Where did you disappear to Melissa and Nargis? No canned and composed answers remaining to communicate?

lord Geof - Looks like they are making themselves available. Is there a reason you do not want to meet and talk with them in person? I would much rather meet a candidate in person than trying to ask them questions online.
    If at anytime, anyone has any questions or wants clarification on the rumors, please feel free to ask us on our Facebook page www.Facebook.com/lancasterkidsfirst or at our weekly "Meet Nargis and Melissa" hour. We believe in transparent and open communication and are happy to answer all questions and comments.

Not to worry I am local. Just saying "hey" to Cincinnati, I mean Cincinatus

Not to worry I am local. Just saying "hey" to Cincinnati, I mean Cincinatus
    Ohio State is in Columbus

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information