Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How is this "fair and balanced"?

How is this "fair and balanced"?

Article:
    Palins Say 'Family Guy' Creators Are Heartless Jerks After Show Mocks Down Syndrome Son

Quote by Fox News:
    Palin, a Fox News contributor, recently slammed White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel and radio talk host Rush Limbaugh for using the word "retard."

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...est=latestnews

In exactly WHAT WORLD did Sarah Palin slam radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh?

From her Fox News interview:

WALLACE: White House Chief of Staff -- you mention him -- Rahm Emanuel. You called him out. He used the "R" word. He said, "retarded." He has now apologized for using that word, met with activists, said he's going to join the campaign to try to eliminate use of that word --

PALIN: Oh, you know, Rahm Emanuel, I think he had some indecent and insensitive ways of being, including his language. And as I said for a variety go reasons, giving the President poor advice and his heavy handedness. I think he should step down.

I'm not politically correct. I am not one to be a word police. But I do believe that his insensitivity, in a time when I had just promised in my GOP convention speech that those with special needs and families and those who love those with special needs would have a friend, and a advocate in the White House if John McCain and I were so blessed as to be elected.

That didn't stop me because our votes didn't carry the day, we didn't win. That didn't stop my passion, my commitment to reaching out and to helping the special needs community when they asked for it. And they did ask for it on this one. They reached out to me and said, can you kind of highlight the problem that we have the White House, with both the President and his Chief of Staff being so insensitive to the special needs community. And I said, I'm here. Send me. I will do so.

WALLACE: OK. But Rush Limbaugh weighed in this week. And he said this:

"Our politically correct society is acting like some giant insult's taken place by calling a bunch of people who are retards, retards."

PALIN: He was satirical (ph) in that --

WALLACE: Wait a minute, let me finish.

PALIN: OK.

WALLACE: "I mean, these people, these liberal activists are quote, kooks." Should Rush Limbaugh apologize?

PALIN: They are kooks, so I agree with Rush Limbaugh. Rush Limbaugh was using satire to bring attention to what this politically correct --

WALLACE: But he used the "R" word.

PALIN: Using satire. Name calling by anyone -- I teach this to my children, you teach it to your children and your grandchildren, too. Name calling by anyone, it's just unnecessary. It just wastes time.
    Let's speak to the issues and --

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...w-sarah-palin/

Isn't 'Family Guy' a comedy show, and isn't this SATIRE? I guess not, according to Sarah Palin. Her version of the facts are the only thing that matters to her, and Fox News does not even question it.

First, I LOVE familly guy, but it goes way over the lines some times.

Second, have you actually listened to the 30 second sound bit from Rush??
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    First, I LOVE familly guy, but it goes way over the lines some times.
    Agreed. But it's still satire.

Second, have you actually listened to the 30 second sound bit from Rush??
    Yes. It's right here:

"Our political correct society is acting like some giant insult’s taken place by calling a bunch of people who are retards, retards," Limbaugh said on the show. "I mean these people, these liberal activists are kooks."

You're telling me that when Rush Limbaugh says the above that he's JOKING? He's not. He's seriously saying that the liberals are retards.

But this is not the point. The point is that Fox News said that Sarah Palin SLAMMED Rush Limbaugh. Where exactly did she SLAM Rush Limbaugh?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Agreed. But it's still satire.

Yes. It's right here:

"Our political correct society is acting like some giant insult’s taken place by calling a bunch of people who are retards, retards," Limbaugh said on the show. "I mean these people, these liberal activists are kooks."

You're telling me that when Rush Limbaugh says the above that he's JOKING? He's not. He's seriously saying that the liberals are retards.

But this is not the point. The point is that Fox News said that Sarah Palin SLAMMED Rush Limbaugh. Where exactly did she SLAM Rush Limbaugh?

NO that's not the whole sound bite! Try again! I listen to Rush maybe once a month and it's only when the radio happens to be already on it during my drive home for my lunch. But I happened to be listening to him on the day this happened. Your missing the begining and the end of the comment!

Fox News said that Sarah Palin SLAMMED Rush Limbaugh. Where exactly did she SLAM Rush Limbaugh?

Is Fox News lying?

Fox News said that Sarah Palin SLAMMED Rush Limbaugh. Where exactly did she SLAM Rush Limbaugh?

Is Fox News lying?
    I have no idea. To be honest, I'm sick of hearing the word slammed unless it has to do with NASCAR and someone being "slammed" into the wall.

Additionally, I think it the left wing media that has given the high status that she has. Instead of letting her fade away after the election they kept covering her!

When did RETARD become such a PC word?

I can understand her feeling the way she feels - like she's "been kicked in the gut." I would feel the same if it was my child.

However, she's a tough hockey mom. And, she decided to put herself in the spotlight, and this goes along with it. Therefore, I have no sympathy for her.

Besides, Conservatives are always anti-PC. So, I'm sure are no Conservatives that would actually speak against this.

The Fox News Obsession continues. Throw in Rush and you have a piece of quiche your average leftwing kook can't resist.

They spin you freaks like topps.

When did RETARD become such a PC word?
    When it was realized that the only way to describe everyone else was either imbecile or moron.

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    The Fox News Obsession continues. Throw in Rush and you have a piece of quiche your average leftwing kook can't resist.

They spin you freaks like topps.
    How is this spin at all?

Fox news QUOTE: Palin, a Fox News contributor, recently slammed White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel and radio talk host Rush Limbaugh for using the word "retard."

Clear as day, Fox news lied. Sarah Palin did no such thing. She actually DEFENDED Rush Limbaugh, not 'SLAMMED' him.

Of course, you have blinders on and will not acknowledge Fox News's rewriting of history. Instead, you'll attack back and ignore this. Next time CNN says something questionable, you'll conveniently not remember this, and say that FOX news never does this sort of thing.

Pathetic.

Cartoons are for kids.

Family Guy, Simpsons, South Park et al...all suck.
    Cartoons for adults.
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

How is this spin at all?
    You're not very bright, are you Brandon?

Spun like a topp? Never heard that before, eh?

Lightbulb Very Bright

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    You're not very bright, are you Brandon?

Spun like a topp? Never heard that before, eh?
    I've heard spun like a top, but never topp.
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

I really don't get why the left is soooooo hung up on Sarah Palin. They claim she is dumber than rocks and then hang on her every word like she is an Oracle or something.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

How is this spin at all?

Fox news QUOTE: Palin, a Fox News contributor, recently slammed White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel and radio talk host Rush Limbaugh for using the word "retard."

Clear as day, Fox news lied. Sarah Palin did no such thing. She actually DEFENDED Rush Limbaugh, not 'SLAMMED' him.

Of course, you have blinders on and will not acknowledge Fox News's rewriting of history. Instead, you'll attack back and ignore this. Next time CNN says something questionable, you'll conveniently not remember this, and say that FOX news never does this sort of thing.

Pathetic.
    SOP for Faux News. They don't report the news so much as invent a position and then seek stories that match up to their ideology.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information