Geneology in WNY

Printable View

Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
I googled Wendelville. It's basically the intersection of Campbell Blvd and Tonawanda Creek Rd in Pendleton.
  • September 24th, 2010, 03:27 PM
    gorja
    Quote:

From the "Rochester Democrat and Chronicle" Published - Aug 17, 1901
    As physicians have failed
    to ascertain the cause of death the district
    attorney will likely make an Investigation.
    Thankfully, there wasn't any sinister plot in the deaths of my great great aunt by marriage and my 3 cousins twice removed. I knew my grandfather was staying with them at the time of the 1900 census. I had heard that he was quite the drinker and was hoping he wasnt evil too. After further research, I found that the 4 family members died of dysentery.

From the "Rochester Democrat and Chronicle" Published- Aug 19, 1901-

NIAGARA

Bereft of Wife and Three Little Ones In Just a Week

The church at Wendelville could not hold all the people who came to attend the double funeral and sympathise with John Raps, who has been bereft of his entire family within a week. John Raps is a well-to-do farmer, living near Wendelville, southwest of Lockport. He has a fine farm and is a hard-working man. A week ago Saturday, Katie, his baby daughter, aged 13 months, died, and the funeral was to have been held the following Monday. Monday morning, Elisabeth, the second daughter, a pretty babe of two summers, after a brief illness, passed away. Tuesday a double funeral was held, the two little ones being buried in one grave. Mr. and Mrs. Raps received the sympathy of the entire community. They had left one son, their eldest child, 5 years old, and so the parents felt they still had much to live for. Wednesday morning the boy,
    who had been seized with dysentery, the disease which carried off the babies, followed his sisters. The parents were now prostrated with grief, and nothing their neighbors could say or do consoled them in the least. The arrangements for the funeral were made for Friday. Mrs Raps a charming young woman of 30, gave up completely Thursday, and that followed her three children to the other ****. Saturday afternoon mother and son buried side by side and the father is bereft of family, an almost cruel kind of grief. His sad affliction has called for the sympathy of a wide circle of friends from the county.
  • Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast