PDA

View Full Version : Radio Personalities Who Drive You Nuts

Achbek1
December 31st, 2006, 10:11 PM
Just about anyone from NPR. Their pretentious, boring, monotone voices always give me a migraine.

Two words: LAURA INGRAHAM! EEEEEEUGH! My husband loves listening to her but she makes me wanna slash my wrists.

Enough
December 31st, 2006, 10:25 PM
I think that Leslie Marshall is LAURA INGRAHAM's step sister. I can't stomache either!

Stevenco
December 31st, 2006, 11:07 PM
Any woman with shoulder pads.

buffy
December 31st, 2006, 11:49 PM
Any woman with shoulder pads.
that would mean Linda Pellegrino :D
http://www.staffannouncer.com/WKBWTV/briankahlelindapellegrino.jpg

Northshore
December 31st, 2006, 11:50 PM
Tom Bauerlie. A total blowhard who know as much aboout radio as a piece of drywall. As long as that jackass is on the air in Buffalo, we will always be considered second rate by the rest of the nation.

buffy
January 1st, 2007, 12:10 AM
http://media.npr.org/about/people/bios/biophotos/ataylor.pb.jpg
the newswoman I hate from NPR

run4it
January 1st, 2007, 12:33 AM
Who was the new blonde chick who introduced herself on channel 2 (or maybe 7) toward the end of the night? I commented that she was kinda cute. Then we noticed that if she wanted to have the same color hair and facial makeup, perhaps she should at least choose a different color sweater.

The things you pick up in the middle of a drunken new years' celebration.....

LHardy
January 1st, 2007, 01:23 AM
J
Two words: LAURA INGRAHAM! EEEEEEUGH! My husband loves listening to her but she makes me wanna slash my wrists.
LOL:)

LHardy
January 1st, 2007, 01:24 AM

OK stevenco get a swim suit on this one!

DelawareDistrict
January 1st, 2007, 06:31 AM
Ron Dobson.

DR_GONZO
January 1st, 2007, 09:12 AM
Mike Schopp & The Bulldog. Should send them some whinekens, wahburgers, and french cries. Horrible on air staff members at wgr550.

butch
January 1st, 2007, 10:22 AM
Mike Schopp & The Bulldog. Should send them some whinekens, wahburgers, and french cries. Horrible on air staff members at wgr550.

I certainly second that emotion!!!!!!!!!!

Achbek1
January 1st, 2007, 12:30 PM
Shredd and Reagan. Sometimes they are okay. Sometimes they drive me nuts.

When they first came out about a decade ago they were kind of funny and clever, even if in a sophomoric and dumb humor kind of way.

But they they tried to hard to be like wannabe Howard Sterns. Their entire bit became essentially this: sports, masturb*tion, sports, masturb*tion, sports, masturb*tion... As in, "so the other day after I was watching the hockey game I saw this really hot broad with nice ****, I had to go off and **** my ****.

(I don't know if I'm asking to be edited here, but there is no other way to explain it.)

I think that potty humor in general has gone too far with many radio personalities. There is a way to be clever and funny without resorting to poo poo jokes.

Nicolas II
January 1st, 2007, 12:47 PM

I thought Eleanor Roosevelt had died.......... Actually, she resembles Jimmy Carter...

DR_GONZO
January 1st, 2007, 01:35 PM
As in, "so the other day after I was watching the hockey game I saw this really hot broad with nice ****, I had to go off and **** my ****.

wash my laundry. It made me think of my GF and how mad she would have been when she came home to find out that I didn't do the laundry because I was watching the hockey game? :rolleyes:

Achbek1
January 1st, 2007, 02:14 PM
wash my laundry. It made me think of my GF and how mad she would have been when she came home to find out that I didn't do the laundry because I was watching the hockey game? :rolleyes:

Now haven't they moved Shredd and Reagan to the afternoons? Who do they have on in the morning now? Isn't it Opie and Anthony or something? Man, talk about the whole sports and self abuse themes there.

The sad thing is the one dude, I forget if it is Shredd or Reagan, seems like he could be an intelligent and serious guy when you hear about him outside of the radio show. Do the producers or whatnot try to force them to be all potty humorish to appeal to the lowest common denominator? Yeah, their target audience must be males between 18 to 35 but I'm sure that even that group must have interests other than hockey and wanking.

Incidentally, we implied in another post how if 97 Rock is forever stuck in 1978 then 103.3 is forever stuck in 1994.

Ah... Bachman Turner Overdrive or Soundgarden?

Riven37
January 1st, 2007, 02:35 PM
Just about anyone from NPR. Their pretentious, boring, monotone voices always give me a migraine.

I call her Sound Bite girl, the one who loves to her herself talk, sound bite hehe, sound bite hehe, here' s another sound bite. Hey, Laura bite this....and its above my knees....where the real sound bites live...!!!!

DR_GONZO
January 1st, 2007, 03:03 PM
Isn't it Opie and Anthony or something?

Ah yes, two more I don't care for. Even that Howard Stern junk was getting as old as his age. Glad he's not even on TV anymore. Man I must be getting old myself!

Now I just listen to the Thruway Highway Advisory Radio Coverage broadcasts on 1610.:cool:

Enough
January 1st, 2007, 03:03 PM
Kevin Hardwick!

colossus27
January 1st, 2007, 07:59 PM
Incidentally, we implied in another post how if 97 Rock is forever stuck in 1978 then 103.3 is forever stuck in 1994.

Since CFNY started playing Metallica and Eminem, it's been pretty slim pickins around these parts.

Agree w/the comments about Shredd/Ragan...they're somewhat astute (somewhat!) when it comes to local politics, but they really suck when they're trying to be funny.

Smiley
January 1st, 2007, 10:04 PM
How about Kathy Weppner (YUK!)

DelawareDistrict
January 2nd, 2007, 01:43 AM
Something we agree on :eek:
http://www.wben.com/images/onair/kathy_weppner.jpg

butters
January 2nd, 2007, 08:26 AM

These two are tops for me too, but I'm going to add Colin Cowherd to the list too. You want to hear somebody make the same three points over and over for two hours, tune to WGR from 10am-12pm.

Jackie Stecchino
January 2nd, 2007, 09:41 AM
Tom Bauerlie. A total blowhard who know as much aboout radio as a piece of drywall. As long as that jackass is on the air in Buffalo, we will always be considered second rate by the rest of the nation.

I couldn't agree with you more. Tom Baurle is a pompous a$$, that is rude, vulgar and most arrogant. Because of his crude language, he is an embarrassment to western NY, one of a number of reasons I do not listen to WBEN when he is on. Bauerle thinks of himself as Mr. Tough Guy, but who quit the police academy when he had to get into the ring for boxing during the defensive tactics phase, yet he wants to sound like he is ready to take on the world. I can liken him to the Huge guy, who is almost as boorish.

Achbek1
January 2nd, 2007, 09:54 AM

Her husband is my sister's gynecologist.

Jackie Stecchino
January 2nd, 2007, 09:56 AM

97 Rock, the Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin station. The have only a handful of records they play over and over. Only now and then when they go through the deep cuts can you hear something different.

107.7, The Lake is really the only alternative in Buffalo if you are 45-60 yrs and even then they can get too repetitious, but you can hear something different, even if it is a different cut of a more popular song and thankfully without the inane banter than goes on endlessly at most other stations during the morning shows or the commercials.

colossus27
January 2nd, 2007, 11:06 AM
107.7, The Lake is really the only alternative in Buffalo if you are 45-60 yrs and even then they can get too repetitious, but you can hear something different, even if it is a different cut of a more popular song and thankfully without the inane banter than goes on endlessly at most other stations during the morning shows or the commercials.

Anybody that plays The Waterboys and Frank Zappa wins, in my book.

Best station I've heard in years- particularly since CFNY has embraced a top40 format.

Achbek1
January 2nd, 2007, 01:49 PM
Anybody that plays The Waterboys and Frank Zappa wins, in my book.

Best station I've heard in years- particularly since CFNY has embraced a top40 format.

Yes, I miss the old glory days of CFNY too. The late 80s and early 90s were the best; they played a combination of "new alternative" mixed with Canadian folk rock. It was great. I used to be a musing teenager listening in my room and thinking how much cooler things would be if I was Canadian.

I haven't listened to CFNY in a few years so I don't even know what their format is not, but if they are really playing Eminem and Metallica that's a shame.

Some Canadian channel last night had a Tragically Hip concert on. It made me a little bittersweet and sentimental. You just don't get to hear music like the Tragically Hip anymore. Or even for that matter you don't get to hear the Cowboy Junkies or Bruce Cockburn or Jane Siberry or whatnot.

But, back to the original topic, of radio PERSONALITIES who drive you nuts I have to add a new one to the mixture: SANDY BEACH. I used to like him but I now think that he too has added too much sophomoric baffoonery to his schtick... And he's too old for that. He's not funny anymore. He's become obnoxious.

And I still hold true to my strong dislike of NPR. The condescenction, the snooty tone, the quasi liberal attitudes... It literally makes me sick. NPR is a station for people who are smug and dull.

buffy
January 2nd, 2007, 03:41 PM
too much information ;)

Stevenco
January 3rd, 2007, 09:05 AM

Tell us more.:)

happyfeet
January 4th, 2007, 11:05 AM
janet snyder on kiss...so annoying

crlachepinochet
January 4th, 2007, 05:51 PM
janet snyder on kiss...so annoying
She said she likes the brand name drugs because she feels like she doesn't get as healthy on the generic ones... :eek:

Northshore
January 6th, 2007, 08:58 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20070106/1068219.asp

Area bloggers say they are banned from appearing on a WBEN-AM Radio 930 weekly program because the station is upset at criticism leveled at WBEN talk-show hosts on their Web sites.

A top WBEN executive recently informed Canisius College professor Kevin Hardwick that he could no longer have the bloggers as guests on his politically oriented radio program.

Two of the bloggers - Christopher Smith of BuffaloGeek and Alan Bedenko of BuffaloPundit - say they're certain they have been censored for their occasional pointed criticism of WBEN personalities Sandy Beach and Tom Bauerle.

buffalopundit
January 6th, 2007, 09:42 PM

Area bloggers say they are banned from appearing on a WBEN-AM Radio 930 weekly program because the station is upset at criticism leveled at WBEN talk-show hosts on their Web sites.

A top WBEN executive recently informed Canisius College professor Kevin Hardwick that he could no longer have the bloggers as guests on his politically oriented radio program.

Two of the bloggers - Christopher Smith of BuffaloGeek and Alan Bedenko of BuffaloPundit - say they're certain they have been censored for their occasional pointed criticism of WBEN personalities Sandy Beach and Tom Bauerle.

Yeah, Bauerle drives me pretty crazy.

Ragin
January 6th, 2007, 10:02 PM

well that sucks. :mad:

Nicolas II
January 6th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Obviously they have never heard the axiom "Don't bite the hand that feeds you....":p

cool_st_elizabeth
January 7th, 2007, 06:12 PM
[QUOTE=Jackie Stecchino]97 Rock, the Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin station. The have only a handful of records they play over and over. Only now and then when they go through the deep cuts can you hear something different.

Yes! I had a temp job where the boss insisted on listening to that station all the time! I prefer heavy metal or country, anything but that geezer rock stuff.

bflonum1fan
January 8th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Yeah, I think Bauerle is so full of himself and he doesn't give people a chance to talk because he wants to hog his show. I've stopped listening to him. Beach is OK though; at least he doesn't take himself so seriously.

Ron Dobson is the worst however ; he is an idiot !

Super Sleuth
January 9th, 2007, 12:32 AM

I agree with you! Kathy from Williamsville is the worst, WBEN doesn't pay her, do they?

She pays them (I hope) to have the show on the air.

Kathy Weppner doesn't do her homework and is untalented. Nothing she says or does interests me. She is an embarrassment to the good people of Williamsville.

wnybillsfan
January 13th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Kathy from Williamsville, she is witchlike, rhymes with ____itch.

How does she wipe herself with those nails?

That must be what smells when she slithers into the room.

Stevenco
January 13th, 2007, 09:29 PM

The Shadow drives me nuts.

bflonum1fan
January 14th, 2007, 08:06 AM
I guess this thread has degenerated to the point where any idiot like wnybillsfan can make stupid remarks.

Kathy happens to represent the thinking of a lot of patriotic Americans. It is just typical for some left wing wacko like wnybillsfan to start calling names and using crude slurs to make a point.

With Bills fans like you, it's no wonder people are afraid to take their families to Bill's games !

sharky
January 15th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Something we agree on :eek:
http://www.wben.com/images/onair/kathy_weppner.jpg

she could be a witch for halloween and only need the green face makeup, but no fake nose would be needed

oh, she's annoying too 95% of the time
I did get on her show once though

Super Sleuth
January 15th, 2007, 11:37 AM
She is the local version of Rush Limbaugh unthinking (Republican Party) automoton. On Election night while the polls were still open she was telling people who to vote for on WBEN and imploring them to go to the polls and vote for a certain person.

That's wrong, probably illegal.

Mr. Lackawanna
January 15th, 2007, 12:01 PM

What nation do you live in?

ghosthunter
January 17th, 2007, 09:35 PM
I'm going to have to go to bat for Bauerle and Dobson here.;)

Both of these guys are very intelligent people. If you don't care to listen long enough to realize that, no matter what you think about their demeanor, they definitely do their homework before they speak.

And even Bauerle is quick to point out that if he doesn't know enough about a topic, he won't comment on it before researching it further.

Now for real annoying radio personalities - how about Larry Norton? Larry was great in the glory days of 97 Rock, but now he just comes off as an old guy killing himself to stay hip. I wish he'd settle down and act his age.

That said - I listen to XM now - with the exception of Bauerle and Dobson of course.:cool:

ghosthunter
January 17th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Just remembered one that REALLY drives me nuts - Larry Hunter. This guy can't speak one sentence without mentioning his business.:rolleyes:

Who cares?;)

TheRightView
January 17th, 2007, 09:48 PM
I'm going to have to go to bat for Bauerle and Dobson here.;)

Both of these guys are very intelligent people. If you don't care to listen long enough to realize that, no matter what you think about their demeanor, they definitely do their homework before they speak.

And even Bauerle is quick to point out that if he doesn't know enough about a topic, he won't comment on it before researching it further.

Now for real annoying radio personalities - how about Larry Norton? Larry was great in the glory days of 97 Rock, but now he just comes off as an old guy killing himself to stay hip. I wish he'd settle down and act his age.

That said - I listen to XM now - with the exception of Bauerle and Dobson of course.:cool:
Yeah,lol, Bauerle informed...that is the best joke I've heard all day. The only info. he gets is spoonfed to him most days. He has opinions, yes, but that doesn't make him informed. He is too thin skinned, but hey,if you can't stand the heat, make sure you can control who gives you heat.(ie.eliminate anyone who can make you look bad on radio).

TheRightView
January 17th, 2007, 09:50 PM
She is the local version of Rush Limbaugh unthinking (Republican Party) automoton. On Election night while the polls were still open she was telling people who to vote for on WBEN and imploring them to go to the polls and vote for a certain person.

That's wrong, probably illegal.
Unfornately not really...because it's not an ad....unethical, yes but what can expect from some people on the right.

TheRightView
January 17th, 2007, 09:51 PM
she could be a witch for halloween and only need the green face makeup, but no fake nose would be needed

oh, she's annoying too 95% of the time
I did get on her show once though
along with Shratz, part of Satish's "political" harem.

WNYresident
January 17th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Just remembered one that REALLY drives me nuts - Larry Hunter. This guy can't speak one sentence without mentioning his business.:rolleyes:

Who cares?;)

I like him...I can relate to him on some points. He owns a business in the area... I do too. I like when he fills in...

WNYresident
January 17th, 2007, 10:50 PM
I guess this thread has degenerated to the point where any idiot like wnybillsfan can make stupid remarks.

Kathy happens to represent the thinking of a lot of patriotic Americans. It is just typical for some left wing wacko like wnybillsfan to start calling names and using crude slurs to make a point.

With Bills fans like you, it's no wonder people are afraid to take their families to Bill's games !

This type of stuff completely takes the fun out of the conversation. bflonum1fan is 100% correct. I guess i'll have to setup rules.

TheRightView
January 17th, 2007, 11:25 PM
I like him...I can relate to him on some points. He owns a business in the area... I do too. I like when he fills in...
doesn't he own bucky the wonder dog?

WNYresident
January 18th, 2007, 12:29 AM

I believe so. We had Spanky the unemployeed circus dog for a while....

ghosthunter
January 18th, 2007, 07:35 AM

Actually, it's "Buck" (no y) the Wonder Dog. I like Buck better than Larry.:p

ghosthunter
January 18th, 2007, 07:40 AM
Yeah,lol, Bauerle informed...that is the best joke I've heard all day. The only info. he gets is spoonfed to him most days. He has opinions, yes, but that doesn't make him informed. He is too thin skinned, but hey,if you can't stand the heat, make sure you can control who gives you heat.(ie.eliminate anyone who can make you look bad on radio).

I have to disagree on all points but one.

When someone really gets to Bauerle, he often cuts them off. That annoys me, because sometimes, he doesn't give them enough of a chance to make their point. Yeah, there are times when the person is such a bonehead, that cutting them off is the only option - but he does the "premature cutoff" too much.

And you know what? He IS informed. I truly believe he does his own research, based on things he says on a regular basis. He's a big reader. Reads alot of non-fiction, history and such. I think, and I'll jump over to your camp for a moment, that he's too full of himself to trust anyone else's research.;)

Thin-skinned? I don't see that at all.

And no, I am not a relative or personal friend of Tom Bauerle.:D

Nicolas II
January 18th, 2007, 08:49 AM
All of the inane chatter on local radio has driven me to 91.1 FM--a Toronto jazz station. I know most people aren't into jazz, but it is very relaxing to hear music with the usual BS.....

bflonum1fan
January 18th, 2007, 10:27 AM
I think the time is ripe for an old fashioned radio show like from the '50s. Before TV, this was the way everyone got their news and entertainment. The show was hosted by a radio personality (usually with a sidekick), and they reported the news, weather, and even played music and special events.

There were no radio talk shows that are always biased to either left or right. There were no piped in music from a remote feed (on shuffle); it was live, lively, and fraught with bloopers.

Having said that, Larry Hunter on WBEN is pretty reasonable to listen to. He avoids sweeping statements without facts to back him up. And as for Bauerle, I think he does the research, but his ego gets ahead of good programming and his show has way too many commercials. Try a test sometime : switch into his show randomly and count the times there is a caller and the other times when there are commercials or just Bauerle puffing himself up.

And speaker, I think the threads should be self-policing.

sharky
January 18th, 2007, 07:09 PM

Who cares?;)

and yet he's secretive about it at the same time
I don't think I've ever actually heard him name his business, probably to avoid having to pay WBEN fees for commercials

Achbek1
January 18th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Without making the comment too personal in regard to any one particular DJ or radio announcer, the one thing that I cannot stand is when people do any kind of forced fake thing with their voice. You know, like trying to annunciate things in a cutesy way or trying to sound too sweet or too Valley Girl or Tough Guy or Pretentious NPR Person or whatnot. The same thing goes too for fake accents, if you are from Buffalo don't try to pretend that you have an English accent... That just doesn't fly.

There are a few DJs and radio hosts who like to "roll" their words or try to force their cadence and pronunciation in an irritating way.

That's what bugs me.

Stevenco
January 18th, 2007, 07:58 PM
I hate the DJs on 97Rock.

concernedwnyer
January 18th, 2007, 08:15 PM
I hate the DJs on 97Rock.
Dislike..... You dislike the DJs on 97Rock. Not hate the DJs on 97Rock...... Or better yet you do not care for the DJs on 97Rock......

WNYresident
January 18th, 2007, 08:49 PM
and yet he's secretive about it at the same time
I don't think I've ever actually heard him name his business, probably to avoid having to pay WBEN fees for commercials

I dont see a problem with it. He's in business hopefully producing revenue in an area that is hard pressed to attract businesses.

Wouldn't you rather listen to someone in business talking about "business" in wny and how things effect them?

Stevenco
January 18th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Dislike..... You dislike the DJs on 97Rock. Not hate the DJs on 97Rock...... Or better yet you do not care for the DJs on 97Rock......

No. I hate them. I want them to die.:)

bflonum1fan
January 19th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Did you all hear about the Sacramento radio station where they had a water drinking contest and a person died ? The rules were that they had to drink as much water without going to the bathroom. After a woman consumed about 2 gallons, she went home and died of water poisining. The Entercom radio station fired 10 people including 3 DJs and shut down the program.

We really don't have much choice here, between hard left and hard right talk radio, and local rock stations. I miss the WKBW or WWKB whatever, with their oldies and they always played America the Beautiful at midnight.

buffy
January 19th, 2007, 09:32 AM
I like the weekend Blues show on WBFO 12-4 PM, 88.7 on your FM radio dial. Debbie Sims has the best one at 9 or 10 till mignight on Saturday.

Except, they have a guy named "Walter" on in the afternoon, and, although he plays good music - he talks way too much! Last week he talked over the ending of a great song to tell us the singers name...then he went on and on about how he didn't mean to talk over the ending of the song and how he hates when DJ's do that and that the artists' want us to hear the beginning and the ending and the whole song and that he isn't one of those DJ's who talk over the song HE wants you to hear the whole song, and SHUT UP and PLAY the MUSIC! Please. :rolleyes:

Achbek1
January 19th, 2007, 11:00 AM
No offense to anyone but I really, really get irked by NPR... Not necessarily the local WBFO affiliate but NPR in general.

The announcers on that station just have that monotone, pretentious way of talking that you know sounds forced. The worst is the recording of the guy who comes on and says in a snarky, pretentious monotone way...

You're listening to N... P... R... National... Public... Radio... *Sniff* Ech... It gives me a migraine.

Think back to the last time you were at meeting or "symposium" and there is always that one droll and pretentious person who likes to hear his or herself talk... They like to pepper their sentences with fifty cent words and go on and on about some kind of liberal or "progressive" ideals... These are usually the people who use those FAKE ACCENTS where they deliberately try to avoid the hard vowells at the risk of people finding out that they really are just from Buffalo... They scoff at anyone who eats meat or shops at KMart or, Heaven forbid, lives in a suburb.

Those are the kind of people who I associate with NPR.

ghosthunter
January 19th, 2007, 03:05 PM
No offense to anyone but I really, really get irked by NPR... Not necessarily the local WBFO affiliate but NPR in general.

The announcers on that station just have that monotone, pretentious way of talking that you know sounds forced. The worst is the recording of the guy who comes on and says in a snarky, pretentious monotone way...

You're listening to N... P... R... National... Public... Radio... *Sniff* Ech... It gives me a migraine.

Think back to the last time you were at meeting or "symposium" and there is always that one droll and pretentious person who likes to hear his or herself talk... They like to pepper their sentences with fifty cent words and go on and on about some kind of liberal or "progressive" ideals... These are usually the people who use those FAKE ACCENTS where they deliberately try to avoid the hard vowells at the risk of people finding out that they really are just from Buffalo... They scoff at anyone who eats meat or shops at KMart or, Heaven forbid, lives in a suburb.

NPR is the kind of radio that reminds me of being at a stuffy business cocktail party. I have nothing to contribute, nor do I want to.:cool:

bflonum1fan
January 19th, 2007, 04:17 PM
NPR is for people smarter than me. It's like a coffee klatch where all the PhD's get together and decide what we stupid people are doing wrong. It's infuriating to say the least.

Achbek1
January 19th, 2007, 04:24 PM
In my previous line of work I was often surrounded by the NPR listening types of people and it drove me nuts. You would hear them say (proudly), "While I was listening to NPR the other day..." It's kind of like a trendy badge of honor for the pretentious liberal types to say out loud how they listen to NPR.

I personally prefer good ole regular "talk radio" if I want to hear about current events... That is with the exception of Rush Limbaugh or Laura Ingraham, who both make me want to hurt myself.

But NPR is just the top of the heap for the self involved, condescending types who claim to "never watch television" because it is beneath them and who claim to knit all their own blankets and drink only organic herbal tea...

ghosthunter
January 19th, 2007, 04:38 PM
In my previous line of work I was often surrounded by the NPR listening types of people and it drove me nuts. You would hear them say (proudly), "While I was listening to NPR the other day..." It's kind of like a trendy badge of honor for the pretentious liberal types to say out loud how they listen to NPR.

I personally prefer good ole regular "talk radio" if I want to hear about current events... That is with the exception of Rush Limbaugh or Laura Ingraham, who both make me want to hurt myself.

But NPR is just the top of the heap for the self involved, condescending types who claim to "never watch television" because it is beneath them and who claim to knit all their own blankets and drink only organic herbal tea...

Point well taken. I, for one, will be sitting down to a nice recorded episode of My Name Is Earl, while wrapped up in my 5 dollar throw from Big Lots while sipping some of that great generic tea from Aldi. I don't care how stupid I am.:cool:

Achbek1
January 19th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Point well taken. I, for one, will be sitting down to a nice recorded episode of My Name Is Earl, while wrapped up in my 5 dollar throw from Big Lots while sipping some of that great generic tea from Aldi. I don't care how stupid I am.:cool:

Rock on! :) I used to work with a lady who fit the NPR listener description and she was, let's just say really snooty and uptight. One time I said something to this lady just trying to make casual conversation and I mentioned something I had seen on TV recently. "Did you see it?" I asked her. "Oh, I don't watch TV" she said in her snooty tone.

I always used to say, "Maybe if the broad let herself laugh at an old 'Three's Company' rerun she'd loosen up a bit." :D

TheRightView
January 20th, 2007, 02:52 AM
I have to disagree on all points but one.

When someone really gets to Bauerle, he often cuts them off. That annoys me, because sometimes, he doesn't give them enough of a chance to make their point. Yeah, there are times when the person is such a bonehead, that cutting them off is the only option - but he does the "premature cutoff" too much.

And you know what? He IS informed. I truly believe he does his own research, based on things he says on a regular basis. He's a big reader. Reads alot of non-fiction, history and such. I think, and I'll jump over to your camp for a moment, that he's too full of himself to trust anyone else's research.;)

Thin-skinned? I don't see that at all.

And no, I am not a relative or personal friend of Tom Bauerle.:D

Really,...then tell that to the people who are informed and guests of Kevin Hardwicks show who regularly spouted different cotradicting opinions of Bauerle's and he got them banned from appearing as guests( since sometimes they pointed out where he was flat out wrong.) on Hardwick's show, which he has no say over(but apprently his thin skin does).

TheRightView
January 20th, 2007, 02:57 AM

I agree...give a topic I can chew on and then chew your ear off...lol

sharky
January 22nd, 2007, 11:04 PM
I dont see a problem with it. He's in business hopefully producing revenue in an area that is hard pressed to attract businesses.

Wouldn't you rather listen to someone in business talking about "business" in wny and how things effect them?

I generally like when Larry fills in, I just find it funny that he talks so much about his business without actually mentioning the name

MaxPowers
January 25th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Janet Snyder makes me want to drive my car off the road.

parrotrun
January 25th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Bauerle and Sandy Beach-I think they may be the same person! Very annoying. An embarrassment to Buffalo.

ghosthunter
January 26th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Bauerle and Sandy Beach-I think they may be the same person! Very annoying. An embarrassment to Buffalo.

Are you kidding?! I listen to both shows and I often find myself wishing that Sandy Beach was a more like Bauerle - quite frankly, I find Sandy Beach to be kind of dull. If he's not doing complete fluff (Bernice Golden the Psychic Queen or Bob The Movie Guy), he's doing some seriously boring political show.

At least Bauerle gets into some good meaty topics most of the time. He is, however, guilty of doing way too many "Cute Things Your Kids Say" shows.;)

therising
January 26th, 2007, 12:01 PM

You have a good point here.

I think a lot of people listen to NPR for the same reason that some read the Wall Street Journal - it makes them feel smart to let everyone know.

"I was listening to a fascinating program on NPR this morning"....or "Did you see the article about the Euro Dollar in the Journal yesterday?"

Achbek1
January 26th, 2007, 02:31 PM
You have a good point here.

I think a lot of people listen to NPR for the same reason that some read the Wall Street Journal - it makes them feel smart to let everyone know.

"I was listening to a fascinating program on NPR this morning"....or "Did you see the article about the Euro Dollar in the Journal yesterday?"

When I was a student worker at UB I met one of the student workers from WBFO and I had to start ribbing on her... I said, "So... Over at WBFO... Does everyone who works there talk in a slow, quiet, mellow kind of voice?"

Actually, I hate to say it but Sandy Beach does a mean impression of the way the announcers talk on the other public radio station, WNED... He talks in that very slow, sleepy way and then starts to snore...

Mr. Lackawanna
January 26th, 2007, 03:48 PM
The most annoying to me are, all the programs on 1520 AM radio.

wheresthesun
January 26th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Here are two. Number one is, and if you've heard him you'll agree, Stratton Rawson on WNED FM. Number two is, and she's not technically a radio personality but a regular guest on far too many shows, Gina from SPCA. That voice is unnerving. (IMO)

bflonum1fan
January 26th, 2007, 04:15 PM
For some pretty interesting variety, tune to 1180 in Rochester. I think as a conservative radio station they are a lot better than WBEN 930.

At least you don't have to listen to Mr Ego (aka Bauerle) talk about cats. I think the only good cat is a dead cat. (No I don't poison cats; I just hate the sneaky little bastards).

ghosthunter
January 28th, 2007, 11:54 AM
For some pretty interesting variety, tune to 1180 in Rochester. I think as a conservative radio station they are a lot better than WBEN 930.

At least you don't have to listen to Mr Ego (aka Bauerle) talk about cats. I think the only good cat is a dead cat. (No I don't poison cats; I just hate the sneaky little bastards).

Hey - don't be dissing cats! I have a couple, and yeah, they're sneaky, but you throw a bell on their collar and voila - their whole game plan is shot to Hell.:p