You are invited to join a wide array of Upstate stakeholders - business leaders, labor leaders, municipal and school leaders, environmentalists, not-for-profits, farmers and more – for a two-day conference hosted by the Buffalo Niagara Partnership on August 4 & 5, 2011, focusing on how Upstate can thrive given the state’s particular political balance and the resulting limited political clout Upstate.
Panel Sessions featuring expert speakers:
• What Motivates Us – The unique conditions in NYC and Upstate
• Our Connection with Canada• Big City: Bigger State – Best practices from other states facing an 800-pound gorilla
• An Education in Education: Higher Ed as an Economic Driver
• Where’s Our Future Workforce? Who’s Going to be Running New York in 2020?
• Jobs and Investment – What is the right recipe for New York’s economic growth?
Also featuring speakers:
John Faso, former NYS gubernatorial candidate, NYS Assemblyman and Buffalo Control Board Member
Amy Liu, Senior Fellow and Deputy Director, Brookings Metropolitan Policy Program
Garrick Utley, President, SUNY Levin Institute
What’s different about this conversation? Rather than rehash and focus on the challenges, the two-day dialogue will focus on agreeing upon solutions and positive steps that the Upstaters can take together, moving forward. Participants in the conference will have opportunities throughout the two days to submit their own ideas, opinions and feedback through moderated comment periods during the panel sessions, written comments and social media. Panel discussions and comments from participants will be utilized in the creation of an Accelerate Upstate action plan, which will be delivered to Albany following the conference.
For more information and to register, visit http://www.thepartnership.org/accelerateupstate
© Copyright 2013 - Speakupwny.com
hosted by Online Media, Inc
Buffalo Web Design and Web Hosting
Top of Page